My glasses are scratched from years of use. How do I best repair them?
2023.06.04 22:44 Present_Sherbert_959 My glasses are scratched from years of use. How do I best repair them?
I googled and many sites say use baking powder and toothpaste whereas others say that will damage them. These are prescriptions glasses, a few years old. I don't have the microfiber cloth.
Should I buy new lens? I am a poor student and I don't believe I will be covered. I read about vooglam and zenii but have not used either.
submitted by Present_Sherbert_959
to glasses [link] [comments]
2023.03.23 04:26 jianbinmrg The Importance of Measuring Pupil Distance
The so-called interpupillary distance, as the name implies, is the distance between the two pupils. Professionally speaking, it refers to the distance between the centers of the pupils of the two eyes when the two eyes are facing straight or parallel. When we accept optometry, the interpupillary distance will be measured. The main purpose is to make the optical center distance of the equipped lens match the interpupillary distance, so as to ensure that the eyes can see things through the optical center.
Because of this, interpupillary distance plays a decisive role in choosing a suitable frame, and the width of the frame should be proportional to the distance between the two pupils. To ensure that when wearing glasses, the pupil is in the center of the frame and lens. If the interpupillary distance is not measured or the interpupillary distance measurement is inaccurate, it will cause the prism effect of the glasses wearer, and symptoms such as visual fatigue, dizziness, and nausea will appear.
Therefore, in order for us to wear glasses comfortably and not affect our normal life, we must cooperate with an optometrist to measure the interpupillary distance https://help.vooglam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035052454-How-to-Measure-Your-Pupillary-Distance-PD-
when wearing glasses. It is also best to go to a professional optical shop and find a professional optometrist to measure the interpupillary distance. In addition, the editor gives you a welfare guide. If you are a nerd or a nerd and don’t want to go out to the optical shop to buy glasses, then Vooglam glasses are a good choice for you. Vooglam Glasses provides door-to-door optometry services, and the subsequent glasses dispensing is also a professional service. You can easily get glasses fitted without leaving your home, and enjoy the services of a professional optometrist.
Commonly used interpupillary distance measurement methods:
- The measurer and the measured person sit face to face, and the measured person looks at a fixed object 5 meters behind or 5 meters away from the measurer.
- The measurer holds the right end of the ruler with his right hand, aligns the "zero" mark on the left side of the ruler with the center point (pupil) of the black eye of the subject's right eye, and then observes the center point (pupil) of the black eye of the subject's left eye. The scale on the corresponding ruler is accurate to millimeters, and this scale is the interpupillary distance of the subject.
- Repeat step 2, measure a total of three times, and take the average value, so that the conventional far-pupillary distance can be measured. Is it very simple and easy to operate? If you want to know your pupil distance and are too lazy to go to the optical shop to measure children's shoes, hurry up and get a friend to try it together!
How do you measure your eyeglasses size? https://www.vooglam.com/blogDetail/how-to-measure-your-eyeglass-size
submitted by jianbinmrg
to voogueme [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 10:12 jianbinmrg The use and measurement of the pupillary distance meter
| || | submitted by jianbinmrg to voogueme [link] [comments]
The measurement of processing parameters for spectacles mainly refers to the measurement of pupillary distance and pupil height, which are used to determine the correct position of spectacles assembly and also help to measure the size of spectacles. So, how to use the interpupillary distance meter, and what matters should be paid attention to in the measurement?
The more common is the corneal reflection pupillary distance meter:
- First, adjust the gaze distance key to the gaze distance value ∞ or the position marked ▲ at 30 mm according to the requirements for measuring the distance pupil distance or near pupil distance.
- Turn on the power switch.
- Place the forehead and bridge of the nose of the pupil distance meter on the forehead and bridge of the nose of the customer.
- Instruct the customer to look at the green bright visual mark inside.
- The examiner observes the reflective bright spot on the pupil of the affected eye through the observation window, and then moves the left and right PD adjustable keys to align the PD pointers with the corneal reflective bright spots of both eyes.
- Read the value displayed in the numerical display window in mm, and its R value represents the distance from the center of the bridge of the nose to the center of the pupil of the right eye, representing the distance between the pupils of the right eye; the value of L represents the distance from the center of the bridge of the nose to the center of the pupil of the left eye The distance between represents the left eye interpupillary distance. The value indicated in the middle represents the distance between the pupils of the two eyes, that is, the interpupillary distance.
- If it is necessary to measure the monocular interpupillary distance for strabismus eyes, the instrument can be adjusted to measure, that is, use the far part to observe the pupil, and use the near part to read the PD value.
- Some interpupillary distance meters have PD/VD keys, which can be switched to measure the distance between corneas. Note: Do not touch or push dirt with your fingers at the observation window or measurement window. When cleaning, use lens paper and a little alcohol to wipe it gently; the numerical display window adopts liquid crystal display to avoid being damaged by external force.
- 1. The line of sight of the fitter and the customer should always be kept at the same height during measurement.
- 2. The interpupillary distance ruler should not touch the eyelashes of the affected eye, so as not to cause customers to close their eyes.
- 3. When the pupil distance ruler is determined to be "zero", be sure to hold the pupil distance ruler firmly so as not to move.
- 4. Let the affected eye look in the specified direction without making it drift.
- 5. Generally, the measurement should be repeated 2-3 times, and the accurate value should be taken.
2023.03.16 03:58 k3y2b How would a former housekeeper of lionel have access to jeff’s glasses? i assumed they were on his face when he died
2023.03.15 18:09 UltimateTrashBae Vooglam : photochromic lenses vs driving lenses?
So last night I paid the extra $5 to get the driving lenses without knowing what they are. None of the other sites I was looking at offered them either so I thought I'd go for it. But it's been eating at me so I decided to look into it. The website didn't have any additional information on driving lenses, just the brief description on the lens selection page. Their faq just doesn't mention them at all. I tried googling but it only showed me results for photochromic. Are driving lenses just photochromic with extra stuff? Are they even good for all day wear? I sent an e-mail but they might not get back to me for 48 hours and my glasses order might be processed by then! I feel rul dumb rn. I should've checked before i paid. But here I am. Please educate me so I can be less dumb, thank you.
submitted by UltimateTrashBae
to glasses [link] [comments]
2023.03.02 05:01 jianbinmrg Can I order glasses online with my prescription?
| || | submitted by jianbinmrg to voogueme [link] [comments]
If you're looking to buy glasses online for the first time, you've come to the right place! We understand that shopping for glasses online can be overwhelming, but fear not, we've got a six-step guide to make the process easy and stress-free. https://preview.redd.it/urfdggte19la1.jpg?width=630&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=91ceb4dec53fd12503423693537abb747a82e91f Step 1
: Get your prescription ready
Before you start shopping, make sure you have a current prescription and pupillary distance (PD) measurement. If you're unsure how to calculate your PD, don't worry, we have an article, video and infographic to guide you. If your prescription has expired, make an appointment with your eye doctor for an updated one. Step 2
: Choose an online retailer
There are many online retailers to choose from, so take your time to compare and find the best fit for your needs. Check customer reviews, frame selection, price range, and whether they accept your vision insurance. Step 3
: Find the perfect frames
Create a checklist of your preferences, such as face shape, frame shape, color, material, and budget. This will help you narrow down your options and find the perfect frames for you. Don't forget to upload your photo to virtually try them on! Step 4
: Select your lenses
Once you've found your perfect frames, enter your prescription and PD measurement. Choose any lens extras or upgrades you'd like, such as anti-scratch coating or blue light blocking. Step 5
: Check the return policy
It's always important to read the fine print on return/exchange policies and product warranties. Make sure you're covered in case you need to return your glasses. Step 6
: Complete your order
After selecting your glasses and reviewing the details, it's time to complete your order. Don't forget to check for any available coupons or discounts to save you money! And soon enough, your new glasses or sunglasses will arrive at your doorstep.
Now that you know the six easy steps to buying glasses online
, you can shop with confidence and convenience from the comfort of your own home. Happy shopping!
2023.02.10 17:58 badgersister1 Has anyone tried those funky glasses from the internet that are advertised on Instagram etc? Vooglam, FTOO or similar?
submitted by badgersister1 to glasses [link] [comments]
2022.12.12 13:55 jianbinmrg Sienna two-tone eyeglasses frame try-on Vooglam
2022.12.12 08:50 Big-Demoniac-607 Those who do this.
2022.12.12 08:12 _GenderNotFound I'm trying to find large glasses for my kitchen.
2022.10.08 18:13 peatypeacock Terrible light, but I’m feeling myself today
2022.08.09 20:13 rosalia-7 Vooglam Review Top Glasses online
2022.08.09 18:49 rosalia-7 Vooglam Review Affordable Prescription Top Glasses online
2022.06.02 22:03 smartervin Vooglam: [latest] - Cashback, Coupons, Promo Codes