2005 chevy silverado blower motor resistor
Blower motor Honda Accord 2005 not blowing
2023.03.25 23:42 gm_engineer Blower motor Honda Accord 2005 not blowing
My 2005 Honda Accord is no longer blowing air through the vents. I went ahead and replaced the blower motor with a used one since the old one wasn’t really spinning. When I first power the car, it moves slightly, but then stops.
- I checked the fuses
- I verified that the plug is receiving power
- I verified that the blower motor works when hooked up to a battery
The interesting thing is that the plug is showing around 13V, but when I move the fan speed setting, it remains at 13V. I would assume that at low speeds, it would output a lower voltage, which leads me to believe that there may be an issue with the actual buttons.
What could be happening here?
Any help is much appreciated!
submitted by gm_engineer
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.25 22:12 elik2000 What is this part?
| || |
My boyfriend is having some trouble with the blower motor in his 1997 Chevy K3500, usually a swift kick to that cover would make it be quiet for the rest of the drive, but this time it said no. We're wondering what that lower cover piece would be called and about how much they normally run put of a pick-a-part? submitted by elik2000 to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 23:23 KGB111 Transfer case
I have a 2005 chevy silverado 1500. My mechanic said I need a transfer case, he told me to buy it. How do I know that I'm buying the correct one? I dont know much about cars. Thanks
submitted by KGB111
to AskAMechanic [link] [comments]
2023.03.24 04:38 ClipIn 2024 GMC Sierra 2500 & 3500 Heavy Duty: Everything I know
This post is specific to the 2024 GMC Sierra model year's 2500HD and 3500HD aka Heavy Duty versions
. I'll include info on all trims
. If you're looking for 1500 series
models, some discounts below might be interestingvbut fair warning: most everything else is about the HD series trucks.
I've been watching all the news, spy shots, auto shows, press releases and can't wait to see this truck in person. Until then, I've been researching like crazy. Because I'm a nerd. Figured some other people might be like me, looking for all the quality
updates, videos, pics, and (eventuallyI can't wait
) reviews - so why not put them all in one place. Here goes...
Track Your Order Automated Method
Live Agent Method
- Go to www.GMC.com >> click black "Message Us" icon in bottom right corner. If you don't see, adblockers and pi-hole will break it; disable and refresh page.
- Reply to the first message with Hi (this will have an automated reply) >> type order status >> when prompted for your six-digit order number (it might be alphanumeric) type that into chat.
- It will tell you order status in plain English. It will not provide dates or Event Codes.
- Follow the steps in Automated Method above. At end, type Agent >> the system will automatically reply saying it'll transfer you to someone that can help. You can only do this during US business hours, otherwise chat will say they are closed and tell you to return the next day.
- Once an actual person replies, ask them to provide the status of your order. They may ask for the order number. In theory though, they should already see it from the steps earlier in the chat.
- They will give you a brief explanation of your order status.
- Reply by saying, "Can you please provide me with the event code on the order?" They'll most likely provide the code on the fist ask. If not, be firm and polite. If they still decline, close the chat and try again in a week.
- GM quotes 6 to 12 weeks from order to delivery at dealership, barring any unforseen delays.
- They won't provide more detailed order updates until you reach Event Code 3400 or greater.
- At code 3800 or greater, you have a VIN assigned. Dealership ONLY can login to VinView to track the realtime location of your vehicle using the OnStar's GPS as identified by your VIN number. It shows the location history of the vehicle since it left the factory.
- Order info is updated 1x/week on Thursdays. No sense in asking more frequently.
Order / Event Codes
|Event Code ||Description |
|500 ||This is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number. |
|1,000 ||Order on hold at dealership |
|1,100 ||Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production) |
|1,101 ||Order entered into the system |
|1,102 ||Order entered via web |
|2,000 ||Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.) |
|2,001 ||Order generated to dealer |
|2,005 ||Order replaced by GM prospec order |
|2,030 ||Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.) |
|2,051 ||Order changed thru Web (same as above) |
|2,500 ||Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car) |
|3,000 ||Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.) |
|3,100 ||Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.) |
|3,300 ||Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build) |
|3,400 ||Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build) |
|3,450 ||Import vehicle produced |
|3,550 ||Import vehicle shipped from Port of Origin via boat |
|3,575 ||Import vehicle received at port of entry |
|3,750 ||Import vehicle received at Port of Entry |
|3,800 ||Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.) |
|4,000 ||Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship) |
|4,104 ||Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated) |
|4,106 ||Bailment released |
|4,150 ||Vehicle invoiced |
|4,200 ||Shipped (Vehicle has been moved by a carrier to another location or destination. If in combination with a 4300 status code then this is transfer to either a vendor for upfitting or to a distribution yard for final transportation.) |
|4,300 ||Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor) |
|4B00 ||Bayed (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation) |
|4D00 ||Bayed for Quality Control Inspection (Unknown Time frame) |
|4,800 ||Rail Ramp Unload, end of the line by (if) rail. To be delivered by truck to dealer |
|5,000 ||Delivered to the dealer |
|6,000 ||Delivered to the customer |
|9,000 ||Order Cancelled |
Trim Initial Orders Acceptance Production Startup Sierra 2500 Reg Cab 1/26/23 2/27/23 Sierra 2500 Double Cab 1/26/23 2/27/23 Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 1/26/23 2/27/23
- Rumor: orders move from 3300 to 3400 in batches of 10 at a time.
- Rumor: Approx 1 month from 3400 until arrive on dealer lot, for SLE trim.
- GMC Supplier Discount website
- Check if you're eligible (here) aka work for a company that gets this. There's a ton. It's worth trying. Look up your company here, grab the code, then make a free account and use that code. It's crazy simple.
- The Supplier version Build/Price tools aren't online for 2024 models, but you can do it anyway just use the one depending on your model:
- GMC Friends and Family Discount website
- The Friends & Family version Build/Price tools aren't online for 2024 models, but you can do it anyway just use the one depending on your model:
- Dealers do not have to accept Friends&Family or Supplier pricing. They are reimbursed partially by GM, so in effect are taking some hit by accepting it. Hence, why so many turned away buyers during pandemic.
- In Feb 2023, GM idled its Fort Wayne, Indiana production for two weeks (source) because inventories of 1500 series reached 100 days. That's above their stated goal of 50-60 days of inventory. At year-end 2022 inventories were at 50 days. TL;DR supplies of light duty trucks have outstripped demand, and I'd hope that means good news for pricing now and into 2Q.
|Engine ||Denali Ultimate ||Denali ||AT4 ||SLT ||SLE ||Pro |
|MSRP 6.6L V8 Gas w/ 4WD (starting at) ||n/a ||$75,095 ||$70,995 ||$65,195 ||$57,795 ||$52,795 |
|MSRP 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel w/ 4WD (starting at) ||$93,795 ||$84,585 ||$80,485 ||$74,685 ||$68,280 ||$63,780 |
- Dealerships that have told me they're honoring Supplier Pricing
- Laura GMC (website) in Collinsville, IL
- Beck & Masten (website) in Houston, TX
- Dealerships offering discounted pricing to anyone. Does not stack with Supplier or Friends and Family though.
- Laura GMC (website): $2,500 off MSRP. Will ship car to you (at your expense). Free shuttle pickup from airport, if you fly in.
- Beck & Masten (website): $2,000 off MSRP + free delivery within 500 miles
- Costco discount / Costco Auto Program Savings Event. I don't know what it is (will be?) for 2024, but was $1,000 off for 2022 and 2023 models (source, also mentioned on a few forums and in askcarsales).
- Uber - discount for Uber drivers. In past was $2,750 off BoltEV, no idea if anything for Sierra models and if so, if even for this model year.
I mean, it's about the best info we've got from the bigger websites
Videos ProTip browser extensions: SponsorBlock auto-skips intros, comment/like/subscribe junk. uBlock Origin eliminates all YouTube ads. Official GM private event/unveiling, hands-on w/ senior GM design team At various auto shows
- GM Authority: Sierra HD news. Note: Skip the comments section on their articles. It's straight cancer.
- Prior sales numbers here.
Other conversations w/ recent intel on 2024 Sierra 2500HD's
Latest info I've heard
- Downpour Metallic paint color is delayed, marked "late availability". Any orders with this color are delayed for likely months, but dealers don't have exact timing.
- Best discount is $2,500 off MSRP (at Laura GMC)
- Costco discount does stack with other discounts
- $1,500 OnStar Premium is included in vehicle price. For the first time can be Deleted, $1,500 savings. If want to delete OnStar to later buy different plan, pricing is here, skip the BS graphic and click on Compare All Plans which gives you this PDF. Cheapest plan is "Remote Access" $14.99/month, gives you the app and "remote key fob".
- No Super Cruise. Yes Adaptive Cruise Control.
- GMC MultiPro tailgate Step Lights are a $150 option, even on Denali Ultimate. Wut!?
- CarbonPro bed isn't available on Heavy Duty series trucks, irregardless of trim.
- OEM Upfitter switches will be available (here >> GMUpfitter.com) and go in the "change pocket" area (pic), directly in front of new Trailer Brake controls placement.
- First dealership to have a 2500HD arrive was on Mar 22nd: Tom Kelley GMC in Fort Wayne, IN. They put up a youtube video here.
- Bigger GMC dealerships have been telling custs expect first trucks arrive on lots May 2023.
- The tailgate Step Lights do work even if have Kicker audio systems in tailgate. There's small knockout holes in the center two square panels above the Kicker controls, and the lights go in there. If you don't have the Kicker system, the lights sit in a similar square plate with knockout hole, just rest of panel is blank. Without the audio system, the lights are in the outer two tailgate holes. If have speakers, lights go in inner two holes, as speakers take up the outer two holes.
If I missed anything, please share! Just really like this truck, ordered one, can't wait for arrival. I am not in the car business, affiliated with any sites. Linked only to legit, high-quality sources that were best I could find, avoided the dumb Chinese bot knockoff YouTube channels and blogspam that just steal content. If you find some new juicy tidbits, please reply so we can all benefit.
submitted by ClipIn
to gmcsierra [link] [comments]
2023.03.23 15:24 harambecarr Car A/C and heater doesn’t work on first speed, what could it be?
So I’m scrolling online and all I can see is that it would be the blower motor resistor. Is there anything else besides that? The A/C and heater work on the second speed and above but it’s just the first one that I just noticed wasn’t working. Any help appreciated
submitted by harambecarr
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 10:27 godiagshop 2023 GODIAG Power Probe(GT101/GT102/GT103) FAQ & Review
| || |Godiag submitted by godiagshop to u/godiagshop [link] [comments]
has three kinds of power probe testers: Godiag GT101
, Godiag GT102
and Godiag GT103
. All support Car Power Line Fault Finding + Fuel Injector Cleaning and Testing + Relay Testing. The difference is that GT101 covers all functions of the others, GT102 cannot display current, and GT103 is the cheapest as it doesn’t support AC voltage and Current display. Here have collected some newest FAQs and customer reviews in 2023 about Godiag Power Probe. https://preview.redd.it/90ucg1pge9pa1.jpg?width=700&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=49e7c2bc7203a92c2977e011167712a6971f8410 2023 GODIAG Power Probe FAQ: Question 1: How to use the Godiag Wire Piercing Probe?
1) First, turn the red knob and pull down the spring clip to an appropriate position, so that the spring clip can clamp the line under test.
2) Screw the red knob again to make sure the probe and the line under test are in good contact.
3) Insert the banana plug cable at the end of it.
4) Plug the other end of banana plug cable into the GT101
5) After reading the voltage, unplug the cable, turn the knob and pull down the spring clip, finally remove the test wire.
https://preview.redd.it/sty5b7phe9pa1.jpg?width=700&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f1e26919a14d34d704fc0daf5c07947e0d12d203 Question 2: Does this make a different sound for positive and negative or is it the same?
Answer: Yes, it makes different sounds.
When the product detects the positive, the beep will become sharp and the indicator will turn red at the same time.
When the product detects the negative, the beeping sound will become smooth and the indicator light will turn green.
Question 3: How to clean fuel injector?
1) Prepare a fuel injector cleaner pressurized can or a carburetor cleaner pressurized can (nozzle diameter of the pressurized cans: 4mm)
2) Hold the manual cleaning tool tightly with your hand, and firmly fix the fuel injector with your fingers to prevent the pressure of the cleaner can from washing away the fuel injector.
3) Pay attention to the hazards of liquid to human body during manual cleaning, and take protective measures. Do not operate in dangerous places with open flames because the pressurized cans are extremely flammable. (Choose an open place to facilitate the discharge of cleaning liquid.)
2023 GODIAG Power Probe Customer Review: Review 1: Very helpful tool
I build motorcycles as a hobby and this godiag tool makes it so easy to find you positive and ground. Makes testing lights and gauges breeze. Review 2: Great for troubleshooting, diagnosing and finding broken wires, shorts and failed devices
This Godiag circuit tester tool makes it a breeze when rewiring your cars, finding blown fuses, shorts and testing relays. The added benefit is the injector cleaning adapters and the ability to pulse them, as well as relays, and circuits in the cars. I recently used this tool to rewire a classic VW, troubleshoot an ABS communication and pump issue in a later model VW, wire in a new radio and trace out wires in a 2002 Chevy suburban, repair a broken wire in a tail light on a 2007 Chevy Silverado.
Can’t go wrong for the price. Great tool to add to your tool box. Review 3: GREAT diagnostic tool! Recommended for every garage!
These types of tools are great to have in the garage or workshop. You may be wondering what's so great when you can get a bulb tester for like 5 bucks right? Well, this Power Probe can introduce voltage into the system to test simple items such as door regulators and motors. It can also introduce ground when needed on certain components that react off ground, not power. You can activate it to test relays and fuel injectors. Review 4: Work well
Got this godiag power probe for hooking and testing lights on my vehicles. Leads are long enough to reach for my battery to the rear of my pickup. Never used one before but is working well for me. Makes finding grounds, testing lights, checking wire for breaks easy. I'm sure there is more it will do, and I will learn them as I go. Priced a lot cheaper than most like it. Seems well-constructed with good test leads, good clamps, several types of different probe connections. Review 5: Save yourself some money
We had a short in our 2007 jeep
which we spent hours trying to find out where it was! When you have to trace a short down it is time consuming and taking it to a mechanic was going to cost us about $500! We purchased this Godiag circuit probe tester and within an hour trace the short down fixed it and saved ourselves some big bucks! This is one of those tools if you don’t have it you would wish you did, anyone that works on their own car really needs to invest in one of these. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. More customer reviews on Godiag Pirt Power Probe: GODIAG GT101 PIRT Power Probe In-depth Review: Test Accurately, Fast and Good Value 2022 GODIAG GT101 PIRT Power Probe Newest Reviews GODIAG GT102 PIRT Power Probe Review Godiag GT103 Mini Pirt Electric Circuit Tester Customer Review
2023.03.21 01:40 havegunwilldownboat Post motor swap maintenance 2003 Chevy Silverado 2 door
Hello all. I just bought a very cheap 2003 Chevy Silverado 2 door automatic with 280,000 miles on it. I was told that the motor was replaced at some point, but I don’t know the details.
If possible, how would I determine the mileage on the new motor or identify that the motor is in fact new? Also, assuming I have a healthy newer motor, what maintenance aspects should I be on the look out for considering the mileage on the other parts of the truck?
submitted by havegunwilldownboat
to autorepair [link] [comments]
2023.03.16 16:40 bitchitits Only 5 volts getting to the HVAC blower motor on this 2006 b6 VW Passat. I replaced the resistor but no change. Anyone know where the blower relay is located? Also no power to the radio, not sure if that’s related.
2023.03.16 16:39 bitchitits Only 5 volts getting to the HVAC blower motor on this b6. I replaced the resistor but no change. Anyone know where the blower relay is located?
2023.03.16 12:55 levmot56 blower motor running 24/7
Anyone please give me your opinion! I have a 2010 silverado 1500 and I had issues with my blower motor going out. I looked at it and replaced the resistor in it and it started working perfectly. A couple months later I go to crank my truck and the battery was dead, got jumped off and realized my blower was on high and was running even with the key out of the ignition and that's what was killing my battery. I just assumed it was a cheap Chinese resistor and replaced it again and it didn't work, so then I replaced the control module and I still had the same issue. I've checked the wires around the resistor connections and I didn't notice anything wrong and every solution i see on youtube are one of those. I don't really have the money to take it to a garage but I got desperate enough and chevy just tried to convince me to trade in. If I don't have the money for a garage I probably don't have money or a new truck. Please help
submitted by levmot56
to Silverado [link] [comments]
2023.03.16 04:37 Blueblackstar_ Transmission slipping? Not sure.
When I accelerate quickly it feels like the 1st gear is weak compared to the rest of the gearbox. I’m not sure of the proper terminology. The transmission feels like it shifts quicker 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and so on then 1 to 2. Is this normal? This is an automatic 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L. Also sometimes when I stop at a red after being in 2nd or higher and I start to move I can feel it shift down to 1 afterwords. Fluid is clear, tranny was supposedly replaced/rebuilt 80K miles ago.
submitted by Blueblackstar_
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.15 21:43 Bullhands Ford Credit contacting me??
I received this email:
Please call us at 877-235-8696. Our hours of operation are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. EST
Please do not reply to this message via e-mail.
Account Services Representative
Ford Motor Credit Company LLC (U.S.)
Why would any company contact me like this? I've leased vehicles through Ford so they have all of my information. Yet I have no voicemails from Ford. My lease ended in January and this is the first contact I've had with them since then. What are they playing at? Just trying to get me on the phone and back in a dealership? I'll tell you now I'm currently sitting in my 1990 Chevy Silverado..... I'm not buying new anything until the demand drops exponentially.
Any info on this email though greatly appreciated. 👍
submitted by Bullhands
to Ford [link] [comments]
2023.03.15 10:10 Green-Bar6160 Coolant leak
Hey I have a 2005 Chevy Aveo hatchback, the problem is that after driving it for a bit there starts to be white vapor coming from the motor and coolant gushing near the center at the bottom of the car. If you guys have any advice that can help this would be great
submitted by Green-Bar6160
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.14 17:25 FragrantFreedom1580 Blower motor still not working! I've replaced everything!
I have a 2004 Honda Civic LX. The blower motor has randomly been cropping out on me every now and then for the last couple weeks, but it would come back on after a while. I went ahead and replaced the relay, which seemed to work for a day or so. Then the motor stopped working again. So I bought a brand new motor.... STILL doing the same thing. So then I tried replacing the blower motor resistor as well as the wiring harness. Same problem. I've replaced everything I could and my blower motor still won't work. Please any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
submitted by FragrantFreedom1580
to AskMechanics [link] [comments]
2023.03.13 22:01 KhoaFraelich Too Late or Right on Time: Will the Tesla Cybertruck Compete in the EV Truck Market?
| || | submitted by KhoaFraelich to CarScannerOBD2 [link] [comments]
Will the Tesla Cybertruck be the toughest truck ever built, or is it going to be a flash-in-the-pan fad that goes away in a few years? This new electric truck is the brainchild of Elon Musk, who proudly showed off this impressive machine on an episode of Jay Leno’s Garage. The Cybertruck is said to be bulletproof, offers acceleration that rivals sports cars, and is extremely capable. Will it be competitive in a market where both Ford and Chevy have an electric truck?
Delays, delays, and more delays for the Tesla Cybertruck
Before the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, chip shortage, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Tesla already had trouble sticking to a timeline. That hasn’t been a problem for this company so far. While we might be upset if a mainstream company pushed dates back or promised something but never truly delivered, somehow, Tesla is immune to this. Both the Model 3 and Model X faced extensive delays; neither had trouble selling at a high rate. That could be the same for the Cybertruck. Car and Driver tells us Tesla has removed the production timeline from its website. Previously, the scheduled production timeline was late in 2022, but now, we have no idea when production will begin.
Can Tesla compete with Ford and Chevy?
The reach of Ford and Chevy is much greater than Tesla can provide, but model by model, it’s possible the EV brand could compete. Even though the Cybertruck showed up first, Ford is already beginning production of the new Ford F-150 Lightning electric truck, while the Chevrolet Silverado EV should arrive in 2023 as a 2024 model. With electric versions of the F-150 and Silverado, will truck shoppers look to the Cybertruck or stick to the names they know?
How tough is the Cybertruck?
While we’re uncertain of the bulletproof nature claimed by Elon Musk, the exterior design does allow this truck to be extremely durable and provide excellent protection for passengers. The goal is to provide us with an electric truck that offers superior strength and endurance. As for that endurance factor, the Cybertruck EV truck claims a 500-plus driving range and enough juice to hit 60 mph in 2.9 seconds. These numbers are for models with the tri-motor configuration. Tesla also claims a 14,000 towing capacity for the new electric truck while providing a 3,500 payload rating.
How much will the new Tesla Cybertruck cost?
This is the big question. If the truck falls in line with the Model X, it will be too expensive for most truck owners. Thankfully, that’s not the case. According to Autoweek, the promised starting price for the Cybertruck is $39,990. This will likely be for a model that doesn’t have the tri-motor setup, but it’s a good starting point. The Ford F-150 Lightning starts at $39,974 and, the Chevy Silverado EV will cost $39,900. This tells us Tesla has their truck priced right.
Can the Tesla electric truck compete with Ford and Chevy?
Tesla has a following that is almost cultish. People seem to flock to this brand and pay attention to everything coming out of the Tesla factory. The strong support for Tesla tells us the Cybertruck will compete well with Ford and Chevy when it arrives. We might not see this Tesla truck pulling a heavy load, but then again, we could. If the Cybertruck makes it to production at the new Austin, Texas Tesla plant, it could be a serious contender in the new EV truck market.
2023.03.13 02:19 pullfromstock 2005 Chevy Silverado low speed ABS issue
So i know these trucks have this issue, so someone else has had to encounter this.
I replaced the wheel hubs about 6 months ago and last month encounter the issue for the first time. ABS kicks in at low speeds when i try to stop. I replaced both front wheel speed sensors as per what i found on the internets, however the issue got much worse and the truck is undrivable. I have no ABS light on the dash, just panic when i brake.
Could this be a module issue or since there are shims on the sensor, i need to ditch one or more? (it had 3 on the old one) Also one of the shims on both sides is copper, does that one go in a specific place or it doesn't matter?
submitted by pullfromstock
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.11 18:55 Pristine-Produce-668 2006 Silverado, no air blowing through the vents.
Title. I can feel a little tiny bit of air if I put my hand right up to the vents, can't really hear whats happening between the fact that the truck is loud and my hearing is shit anyways. How can I go about diagnosing the problem? Assuming it's either the blower motor or the resistor. Or if you think it could be something else let me know because I've never dealt with any AC stuff before. I know I'm not giving ya much here, but it's what I got.
submitted by Pristine-Produce-668
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.11 17:47 HelloMelloCello_ Newbie looking for help to add battery power/speed to 6v truck.
submitted by HelloMelloCello_
to PowerWheelsMods [link] [comments]
2023.03.10 15:41 project_meyhem stumped on this
Have a 99 k3500 7.4. Last week all HVAC stopped working. New control, high relay, resistor, and blower motor and still nothing
No blown fuses but all replaced with new just to be sure.
When it stopped working the dash brake light illuminated and when the light went out, the HVAC stopped blowing.
submitted by project_meyhem
to GMT400 [link] [comments]
2023.03.10 03:38 yendor5 GM offers MOST salaried employee buyouts, will take up to $1.5 bln charge
submitted by yendor5
to TSLA [link] [comments]
2023.03.10 02:55 Expensive_Community2 Heater issue chevy express
Thanks in advance. 2005 chevy express 3500. Heater stopped working and is possibly connected to other issues. Van started to have random issues as it got colder last fall. Which made me think pcm issue.
What I've done so far to try to fix heater. 2 new resistors. Just to make sure 1st wasn't bad. Tested blower, good . 2 Junk yard control units. New pcm. Tested voltage all over.
The voltage testing got me stumped. 3 fuses are on the same bank under the seat. 2 are hvac and 1 is brake.
Voltage off of the fuse with all three fuses installed and heater off is around 10.5. With the heater fan on it will drop depending on speed. Full speed voltage will be 2ish. Even goes down to close to zero. Voltage is never stable either. Always changing .5 either way or so.
With the hvac fuses removed voltage still won't match the battery but the brake system won't dink at me like crazy.
I'm stuck on if it's a relay, bcm, or a short. I can't figure out what relay is in that circuit. I'm gonna buy a new relay and swap them all to test.
Any ideas to test something I missed? I'm also thinking the issue is before the under seat fuse box.
submitted by Expensive_Community2
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.03.09 16:51 ikeosaurus Intermittent blower motor?
Hi all, I’m hoping someone has run into this before. My blower motor works about 15% of the time, and it seems to be getting worse. First thing in the morning it usually works, but after I drive it around a little it will stop coming on. It doesn’t switch off while driving, it will just fail to turn on if I’ve turned off the xj and let it sit. When it’s working, there are no speed issues, it seems to work perfectly. But then it won’t go at all.
Resistor? Plug? Blower? I don’t know how to diagnose this issue.
submitted by ikeosaurus
to JeepCherokeeXJ [link] [comments]