Buckhead center for nursing and healing
Support and knowledge about breastfeeding
2009.11.30 07:50 Support and knowledge about breastfeeding
**This is a community to encourage, support, and educate parents nursing babies/children through their breastfeeding journey. Partners seeking advice and support are also welcome here.**
2018.09.27 06:32 sailorjupiter28titan Witches vs Patriarchy
WitchesVsPatriarchy is a woman-centered sub with a witchy twist, aimed at healing, supporting, and uplifting one another through humor and magic. The goal is to at once embrace, and poke fun at, the mystical aspects of femininity that have been previously demonized and/or devalued by the patriarchy. This subreddit is a Safe Space for Women, BIPOC, and anyone in the LGBTQ+ community. We are Sisters, not Cisters. If you do not consider yourself an ally, then this subreddit is not for you.
2018.10.15 14:50 SomaticTherapy Therapies that combine touch and talk
Somatic therapy, Somatic Experiencing, Hakomi and more are welcome to post articles, share experiences and ask questions. This sub is also intended for anyone interested in asking questions about the methods.
2023.06.05 16:39 tzone7 Parking in Springfield
I’m planning on driving over to Springfield from Boston this week on Thursday for a show and am wondering about the parking garages around the massmutual convention center. I usually use spothero to lock in a spot but it looks like there aren’t any options for that in the area. I’ve looked at parking garages provided by the SPA and I’m wondering if these get filled up quick in the evening? Thanks!
submitted by tzone7
to Springfield [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:38 Life_By_Design66 Gender Dysphoria
| || | submitted by Life_By_Design66 to u/Life_By_Design66 [link] [comments]
Life by Design Therapy
Gender dysphoria is a deeply personal and often misunderstood struggle. It can create an internal battle, where one's perception of their body doesn't align with their gender identity. The weight of gender dysmorphia can take a toll on mental well-being, causing anxiety, depression, and a sense of isolation.
It is vital that we foster a compassionate space where individuals affected by gender dysmorphia can find support, understanding, and resources for their healing journey.
Here at Life By Design Therapy, we create a space that is just that. Our therapist Leah
is passionate about supporting those in all stages of transition. If you would like to connect with them, head to the link in our bio to schedule your free phone consultation! https://www.lifebydesigntherapy.com/leah-kaplan-lcsw
2023.06.05 16:38 nicklighter Suggestions for a brand breakdown article
Hi everybody, I work at a startup building a community engagement platform for brands and one of our content strategies centers around this idea of breakdowns. We try and do one a month and have since covered Patagonia, Lululemon and Nike.
Would like to do another one on a CPG brand (beauty, F&B, health and wellness)
Any communities or brands you know of doing some exemplary and innovative things when it comes to engaging their communities?
submitted by nicklighter
to DigitalMarketing [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:38 nogre [PC][1996-2000] 1st person action adventure platformer
Hi. I'm trying to figure out a game my dad played.
Platform(s): Windows PC
Genre: 1st person 3D action adventure platformer. I think you were trying to escape a factory run by a madman, and you had to perform a bunch of platforming tasks to get out.
Estimated year of release: Late 1990s
Graphics/art style: Realistic, and maybe a bit grim. I think this game had a bit of high-tech military gear in it, so it was going for a more realism to sell the military feel.
Notable characters: This game had a "live video feed" of someone that would help you. This was an actual recorded video: not a computer generated graphic, but clips of scenes with an actor. She was a woman on a headset in a control room. I think videos of the enemy, some bad guy, would also be played once in a while to taunt you; again, this video was live acted. I have a feeling that maybe the bad guy got to the woman in the control room at some point, but I can't be certain.
Notable gameplay mechanics: Best memory of gameplay is on a conveyor belt in a factory -- so an on-rails experience, at least in this part -- having to dodge fire and possibly grenades from enemies. The goal was to get to an elevator shaft, perhaps in the center of the room, to escape.
Other details: My dad loved Tomb Raider, so this may be similar.
submitted by nogre
to tipofmyjoystick [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:38 Adoring_wombat Job troubles
I have some very serious interpersonal issues stemming from severe childhood trauma - first neglect, s abuse and horrible bullying. I was bullied daily at school from the day I entered kindergarten until I dropped out at 15. My ‘mother’ is severely mentally ill so the home life was bad.
I’ve become an extreme introvert and am very guarded in social or work situations. I have no friends and am really only comfortable with my (wonderful) partner and adult children.
One thing I do love is caring for others, probably in part because I didn’t have a mother. I need a specific work environment in order to thrive, and I really can’t do anything but one on one care. That being said, I am extremely good at it. I gravitate toward people who are misfits or vulnerable in some way. At a previous job I was able to work closely with a 3 year old who was delayed and very withdrawn. The staff credit me with changing the course of his life. I still go back to visit him and he’s a completely different kid from the one I first met. I also worked with a severely disabled girl for over six years. We were very close and she passed away just a month ago
My issue here is that I just can’t find the kind of work I’m suited for here and I really don’t have what it takes to try another field (I’m almost 50). Today I was offered a job I wanted but they don’t have an opening in the program I wanted - with autistic, nonverbal kids. They wanted me for the high school program. There’s no way. I can’t deal with behavior and I’m a much smaller than average woman. I can’t restrain a mouse. Those kids would flatten me.
I’m losing hope here and don’t know what to do next. Actually I’m crushed as I’ve had a few jobs recently that didn’t work out. Moving is not an option. I can’t bring myself to work for a home care agency or in a nursing home, as they all suck and I can’t do the physical work. I have a little money that would prefer to save. Also, I just love to take care of people. It’s almost a calling. I don’t know where to go next.
submitted by Adoring_wombat
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:37 kokopupps Any advice for amusing Level 2
Are there any upper year Nursing students that have advice for second year? I’ve been told it’s the most difficult year in terms of the kind of courses taught and clinicals…
submitted by kokopupps
to McMaster [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:37 JamesOutmannn A doctor just scammed my grandmother who has stage 4 cancer out of several thousand dollars. What can I do to ruin this guys business?
submitted by JamesOutmannn
to CancerFamilySupport [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:37 torinakomara Sending new $KERM tokens to all members of CryptoMoonShots. Drop your Eth address below
Drop your Eth wallet address below👇
We are excited to announce the launch of our new token, "Kermitcoin," which draws inspiration from the beloved character Kermit The Frog 🐸. Our primary goal is to foster a vibrant community centered around this token and provide exceptional experiences for all members involved. With the utmost enthusiasm, we aim to share the word about Kermitcoin and distribute tokens to as many individuals as possible. We warmly invite you to join us on Discord (link below) where you can engage with like-minded individuals and stay up-to-date with all the latest developments.
The token is on the Eth Mainnet, but we are also utilizing Arbitrum One, allowing you to trade the token with relatively low gas fees.
Token has total fixed supply of 69Trillion, which are not burnable or mintable. We also just announced our first NFT collection with its first NFT now available on opensea. “Dazzling Frog”. Each NFT in in this collection will represent membership in our community “KermitClub”. kermitclub.com
submitted by torinakomara
to CryptoMoonShots [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:36 Maroiogog B1547 - Emergency Service Fast Track Mental Health Bill - 2nd Reading
Emergency Service Fast Track Mental Health Bill A BILL TO
Fast Track Mental Health Support for Emergency Services BE IT ENACTED by the King's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:— Section 1 - Definitions
(1)“Emergency Services” or “First Responders” is to refer to -
(a)A person working to provide fire and rescue services
(b)A person employed by the NHS or a charitable organisation, a private entity or another service on behalf of the NHS, to provide front line care
(c)A person working to provide search service or search and rescue services
(d)A person working as a constable or with the powers of a constable or otherwise employed to provide police work
(2)“First line mental health support” is defined as mental health support given in the first instance by a clinician of Advanced Nurse Practitioner grade or above or any other professional employed to provide similar relevant support. Section 2 - Special Provision
(1)NHS mental health services shall provide first line mental health support on request to Emergency service personnel within no more than 15 working days of their request.
(2)This extra provision shall not undermine or delay the treatment of non-emergency service personnel awaiting appointments and shall be carried out under its own pathway of care. Section 3 - Commencement, Short Title and Extent
(1)This Bill shall come into force immediately upon Royal Assent
(2)This Bill may be cited as The Emergency Service Fast Track Mental Health Act 2023
(3)This Bill extends to England This Bill was written by u/m_horses KBE Formally Baron Whitby Member of Parliament for South West (List) on behalf of His Majesties 33rd Government
Mr Deputy Speaker
The NHS, fire and rescue, search and rescue, the police, all of these front line services do incredible work making this country the safe, healthy place it is today however these jobs are not without risk or stress and the sacrifices made in these lines must not be ignored therefore it is my pleasure to introduce this bill setting up dedicated mental health support services to help these essential workers. This will in turn help our country by minimising time off for mental health issues and will ensure the standard of provision of these vital services is maintained as excellent as it is.
submitted by Maroiogog
to MHOC [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:36 NaturalRattle I’m a new, neurodivergent therapist. I’m currently working 2 jobs and already feeling the burnout kick in. Does anyone have tips on how to make it over this hill?
I’m an associate therapist who started my post-grad career about 6 months ago.
The main mistake was at starting out at a group practice only. It was (and is) a good gig overall. Love my clients, my supervisor is cool, and it’s pretty flexible. The issue was mainly being underemployed. My supervisor had kind of misled me into thinking building a full and reliable caseload would happen fairly quickly and easily. That was not the case and unfortunately, due to living on my own and having bills, I’d become a mess of anxiety every time a client canceled a session or stopped showing up. I was also anxious about getting my hours done fairly quickly. Plus I was barely getting any referrals. That desperation and anxiety was bleeding into my sessions and making me kind of suck at and definitely resent my job.
So mostly against my wishes, I ended up getting a second job at a treatment center. I surprisingly like it better than the private practice in several respects, mostly that it’s much more stable financially (set schedule and set rate with no cancellations) and that I have great coworkers I work with as a team (as a new clinician, it’s great to have more support than just a supervisor once a week for 20 minutes). Overall I wish I’d just started here, but it is what it is.
I likely will leave the group practice by the end of the year, but it’s going to be a slower process because I do enjoy my clients there and want to give them as much time as I can. I’m also really not in a financial position to quit yet.
But man, I’m feeling the burnout of working 2 jobs only a few months in. My overall schedule looks like Swiss cheese (I work 6 days a week and my hours are kind of all over the place - late night here, early morning there, mandatory meeting here, reschedule client there). Supervision makes it especially difficult. I have to balance 2 and both are at inconvenient times for me with no other option, so it’s a lot of additional driving just for supervision. The super late nights at the treatment are really tough on me in particular. So it’s actually not the work itself. It’s mainly the scheduling structure and the volume of it. My PP clients right now are very reliable in that they show up every week, but they’re constantly shifting their slots (huge reason I’m looking to phase out PP right now…it would be okay if it was my only job but it’s pretty stressful when I have big blocks of my schedule blacked out). Being neurodivergent makes it harder. I do best with set hours that don’t fluctuate and are at consistent times of day.
I try to remind myself this is all temporary and eventually I’ll be able to work less hours/days at better times for me but I’m already pretty tired and afraid I’ll burn out really badly (I’ve had really bad burnout before…swore to myself never again, yet here I am).
Any advice on how to get over this hurdle? I do really enjoy my work and clients but I’m struggling a bit.
submitted by NaturalRattle
to therapists [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:36 iKevtron Questions about hooking; lack of body rotation versus transition timing
My current miss is a hook, typically with a driver, but occasionally I do it with my long irons. I go from having great days with my driver; either draws or very slight pushes about 5-10 yards. I played yesterday and the driver was not with me, hooking like crazy, but, I didn't get the hooks with my long irons. From what I understand there are a few chief issues that can create hooks: 1. lack of body rotation, therefore snapping the arms/hands through at impact; 2. strong grip and closed club face; and, 3. accelerating too soon on the downswing, rather, too fast of a transition. Some other factors I am aware of is the gear effect when you hit the ball off the toe.
I know for certain I do not have too strong of a grip, I can typically only see my index finger knuckle on my top hand when I grip the club. I suspect I am not rotating completely because the "complete" your rotation seems to be counter intuitive to addressing this particular ball flight. Second, I feel like I stand a bit father away from the ball for my driver and I position the ball at my lead toe; is the ball too forward in my stance, am I standing too far away from the ball, or a combination of both?
What I am wondering is how does finishing the rotation through the ball help to prevent hooks? It would seem to me that I would be encouraging the hook by doing that. Secondly, what drills have people done that assist in properly sequencing their transition? Do you use a cue? Lastly, does distance from the ball at address play a role in hooks?
So generally, what were some helpful changes that addressed your hooks? Does standing closer to the ball help? Did moving the ball closer to center help?
submitted by iKevtron
to golf [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:36 Bright_Promotion_330 [PC Server] Paws and Claws PvE Cluster (Fjordur, Gen 2, Primal Fear + more) 5x Tame/Harvest/Farm - 25x Baby Hatch/Growth - Active Discord!
Welcome to Paws and Claws, a PvE ARK cluster on PC!
We are a small, but active community looking for more players like you! So here’s the quick TLDR I know you’re wanting to know about before we get into the detailed stuff: https://discord.gg/JyTU4V2R Overview:
- Beginner Friendly
- Maps: Fjordur, Gen 2, Ragnarok (With Primal Fear!) + Varying Rotating Servers
- Active Discord Server! (I'd recommend joining this to keep up with updates!)
- No Wipes!
- Active and Friendly Admins!
- Steam Only PC
- Admin sponsored events with prizing!
Egg Hatch 25x
Baby GrowthRate 25x Other Stuff
- Loot Quality: 10
- Fishing Loot Quality: 10
- Max Wild Dino level: 150
- Tribe Tame Limit : Unlimited (We do however recommend that you ball up most of your dinos that are not in use to reduce server lag!)
Short Rule List
- Structure Plus (S+)
- Dino Storage v2
- Dino Tracker
- Awesome spyglass
- MarniiMods: Wildlife
- Extra QoL Items
- Peachy Decor
- Peachy Furniture
- Castles, Keeps, and Forts Remastered
- Peachy Vikings Decor
- TC Auto Rewards Vault v1.12.16
- (Other mods may be added by community vote or on rotating servers for various events!)
- No harassment
- No PvP behavior (Insiding, dropping dinos in bases, drowning players, stealing items etc)
- Loot beacons are claimed by whoever landed first
- No cave/obelisk building or resource blocking
- Build out of render distance of other bases
- 1 Land Base - 1 Water base (Exceptions may be made but we’re aiming for longevity and avoiding server lag)
- No Littering (Pick up your taming traps please!)
We are a laid back, active community that is also very active in the Discord!
If you ever have any questions or concerns we’re there to help! And its a great place to ask for a little assistance when you’ve found yourself in a sticky situation. We have a variety of new and veteran players so wherever you fall on that scale, we’d love to have you! We also have two Conan Exiles servers as well if that interests you! We also have people playing a variety of other games as well if that interests you! Maps
In our cluster we have two main maps, Fjordur and Gen 2. These maps do not wipe, and the only changes made to them are event based, or adding mods by community vote. We have a 3rd map that rotates every week, giving players a chance to do bosses and obtain tames not available on any of the ‘home’ servers. (Extended for tough maps like Extinction by community vote).
Our 4th server is set up with Primal Fear! Transfers are open so feel free to take dinos and items over but remember, Primal Fear dinos cannot be transferred to a non PF server. Starter Packs
Starting on a new ARK server can be fun but the early game grind can really be a chore. If you’d like a little boost to get you started, we have a free starter pack in the TC Auto Rewards Vault! Just head on over to our Welcome Center and use the one located inside the doors. If you are unable to locate the welcome center you can teleport there with an Omni Tool! Just make one with 1 thatch. There are also other items in the community center you can take, graciously donated by other players on the map. TC Auto Rewards Vault
One of the mods that we utilize is the TC Auto Rewards Vault. This allows us to give you a currency to purchase different items in the store! We have rotating dino packs with various dinos and one specifically for modded dinos (They can be tough or impossible to get on some servers). We also have hard to get items like honey and milk(mod)!You will receive 10 ARc for every 15 minutes of gameplay, along with 100 per week that trickles in daily. Events
We host a whole slew of events like hide-and-seek, geocaching, various races and other unique challenges! These events come with prizing that can range anywhere from sets of breeding dinos to dino recolors, or element and other resources/items!
We also tend to run bosses together on the rotating maps and there is always someone providing armor and resources so you can join in on the fun even if you yourself aren’t prepared to run bosses yet!
We also rotate out events based on community interest such as the Easter event, Halloween etc. We know this doesn’t give all of the benefits of the event when its the wrong time of the year, however it does allow different dino colors to spawn! Giving a little variation to your tames.
submitted by Bright_Promotion_330
to playarkservers [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:35 AutoModerator [Download Course] Dan Koe – Digital Economics Masters Degree (Genkicourses.site)
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to GetCoursesHQ [link] [comments]
Get the course here: [Download Course] Dan Koe – Digital Economics Masters Degree (Genkicourses.site)
Our website: https://www.genkicourses.site/product/dan-koe-digital-economics-masters-degree/
What You Get
Phase 0) Digital Economics 101
The Digital Economics 101 module will open 1 week prior to the cohort start date.This is an onboarding module that will get you up to speed so we can get straight into the material.This will be required to finish before the start date.
- Gain a deep understanding of all of the pieces in the digital economy.
- Learn about the future of media and code — the front-end and backend of the internet — so you can focus your efforts.
- Understand digital leverage, distribution, no-code tools, and digital assets so you can take part in the mental & financial wealth transfer.
Phase 1) Creating A Meaningful Niche
Every day I hear people going on and on about trying to find their niche.I also hear people talking about how they don’t know how to combine what they love talking about
with what will sell.
You already have the answer. You just don’t have the clarity.
- Develop a long-term strategy to create your own niche — meaning you don’t have to worry about your “competition” playing status games.
- Discover your life’s work, curiosities, and obsessions. I see too many people that are uncertain about this for years.
- Cultivate and turn your vision, goals, and values into a brand that attracts an audience you love interacting with (and that will buy from you, and only you).
Phase 2) Content Strategy
There is one thing that separates those who make it in the digital economy and those who don’t.It’s the quality, articulation, and perceived originality
of their content.The content you post has to make sense
to the people you attract.Everyone has a different voice and tone that they resonate with. That they are congruent with and trust.
It has to change their thought patterns or behavior
— that’s what makes you memorable.That’s what separates you from the sea of people posting surface-level copy-cat style posts.Example and putting my money where my mouth is:
- Become an expert-level speaker or writer on the topics you care about.
- Never run out of content ideas for your posts or promotions (without using content templates — that’s how you stay a commodity).
- Create posts, blogs, tweets, images, and videos that resonate with other’s on a deep level. People will actually ask you how you got so good at what you do.
- Separate yourself from the ocean of B-tier creators that struggle to sell their products, services, andhave their ideas stick in the head of their audience.
- Implement our Epistemic Research Method — which is just a fancy way of saying scientific research method… but it’s for researching your mind to craft brilliant content and product ideas.
Phase 3) Crafting Your Offer
Most people are sitting on a goldmine of skills, experience, and knowledge (that they can use to help people 1-2 steps behind them
).That is what people pay for.Considering 95% of the market are beginners
… if you are good at something, you can help them get to your level (no matter how “basic” you think the information is
).Do you not watch basic content all day anyway? People don’t want new information, they want to be reminded of what works.
- Use our Minimum Viable Offer strategy to start monetizing immediately (and have something to improve over time, rather than procrastinating until it’s perfect).
- Have a strategy for reducing the time you spend working over time (as you build leverage and improve your offer).
- Know how to create your own customers from the audience you are building, instead of “finding” the right customer for your offer.
- Take the guesswork out of building coaching, consulting, or digital product offers.
Phase 4) Marketing Strategy
You aren’t making money because you aren’t promoting yourself or your offer.That is literally the only way to make money. Have something desirable and consistently
put it in front of peoples’ faces.In Phase 4, I will show you how to systemize, automate, and be consistent with simple promotions.You will be able to make money without having the chance of forgetting to do it (or letting fear of failure get in the way).
- Learn to sell on social media, in your writing, and across different platforms.
- Have consistent sales coming in while focusing on your meaningful message (no need to sound salesy all the time).
- Learn advanced automation strategies that you can implement at your own pace, especially once you validate your offer.
Bonus) The Creator Command Center
The Creator Command Center is a Notion template that houses all of the systems.This is how you will manage your brand, content, offer creation, marketing strategy, and systemized promotions for consistent sales.
Bonus) Live Product Build & Launch
In the first Digital Economics Cohort, I built out my course The 2 Hour Writer.I have videos showing how I build it with the strategies in phase 3 and 4.There is a bonus module that shows how I had an $85,000 launch that resulted in my first $100K month.I did this to prove the strategies inside Digital Economics work if you stick to the plan.And, this past Black Friday, I blew my that monthly high out of the water in 4 days.
That’s the power of these strategies if you stay consistent with your life’s work.
If you're wondering why our courses are priced lower than the original prices and are feeling a bit suspicious (which is understandable), we can provide proof of the course's contents. We can provide a screenshot of the course's contents or send you a freebie, such as an introduction video or another video from the course, to prove that we do have the course. Should you wish to request proof, we kindly ask you to reach out to us.
Please be aware that our courses do not include community access. This is due to the fact that we do not have the authority to manage this feature. Despite our desire to incorporate this aspect, it is, unfortunately, unfeasible.
Explore affordable learning at Genkicourses.site
🎓! Dive into a world of quality courses handpicked just for you. Download, watch, and achieve more without breaking your budget.
2023.06.05 16:34 AfraidIntrovert09 I (24 M) need some advice about my relationship with my best friend (24 M).
I don't really know how to express my thoughts properly but I'll try nonetheless. Please ignore if some of it is filler. I also want to contemplate what's going on.
So we both went to the same school and have been really good friends since we were 14 (2013). We were always quite similar in a lot of ways and bonded pretty easily. We are totally like ourselves with each other. However, when we first became friends we weren't attracted to each other and we didn't see each other as anything but really good friends (more like bro/ siblings kind of a vibe). I was in love with someone else and she was also in love with someone else. Then in 11th standard (2015) our classes got separated and we kinda lost touch, also because of school/ career pressure during those two years. Then we went to different colleges but we reconnected again in 2018-19. We both were still in love with different people throughout our college and we used to talk occasionally. We both have always tried to help in each other's relationships/ love life.
I've never thought of being with her until 6-7 months ago. Obviously our friendship has grown quite strongly over the years but since 2021, the comfort level has increased insanely, I always laugh around when I'm with her. We've also gotten way more closer since the past year and I don't think there's been a day this year when I've not talked to her. I believe that we both have become each other's go to persons. It's not like we chat a lot, but we always discuss whatever new creative/ productive ideas we have, what's going on in ou our family's lives, how the day was, general discussion/ gossip or just about movies, songs, etc. We also share photos/ videos of things we were doing at that time or whatever interesting thing happened during the day (For eg: photos or video of a cafe, food item, novel, sunset or any other aesthetically pleasing photo/ video and of our family members/ friends). We also send each other reels about what we want in a partner or in general anything about cute relationships and she also has jokingly asked me that would you be interested in becoming a jamai raja (translation: one that stays in his wife's house after marriage). And also that if we don't find anyone else, we should get married. But she has also jokingly told this to one of our other close friends.
Firstly, I really am having hard time contemplating what I feel for her. Like I value her very much in my life and that I could imagine myself spending the rest of my life with her. But the other romantic stuff...okay if I'm being completely honest, I can imagine myself holding hands, and maybe kiss but the idea of sex grosses me out. Not that I don't find her beautiful or pretty, but still, I just can't imagine that with her (or maybe with anyone right now) and I kinda panic about that thought.
Secondly, the situation with everyone else around us might become awkward. Like one of my ex girlfriends is really close friends with her. Although we ended our relationship 7-8 years ago and I've had 1 relationship and 1 one sided love after that, and she's also had at least 2 that I'm aware of. We eventually ended on good terms so it's not like we both have any feelings left for each other or that there's any awkwardness. But still I don't know how their relationship will change. Also a lot of our friends feel that we had a very sibling like vibe in school and to be honest even we used to think that. I think this is the most awkward part for me, but still that was 8 years ago.
Thirdly, we both are still somewhat healing from our past heart breaks. We both have moved on completely from our relationships, but still there's some things and if I'm talking about myself, I'm really scared to commit again because I'm really scared about breaking my heart again. Also, I want to improve/ develop some qualities in myself before I get into any relationship which I know would take some time. And also we both have to grow career wise but that's not that much of an issue because I know we'll help each other out in that.
I really need some advice or just some general comments because I don't want to talk to any of my friends/ sibling yet before I have somewhat of a clue.
Also, I know I may be wrong but what I feel is she might also be in the same boat as me. And also, even if she doesn't feel for me that way I don't think I would start feeling awkward around her because no matter what she'll always be my friend/ best friend first. And it's also not like I'm dying to be in a relationship with her. I just love whatever equation I have with her but I'm starting to consider her as my life partner because we both understand each other really well and we are emotionally very compatible and available for each other.
TL; DR : I'm really confused as to what should I think of my relationship with my best friend, whom I've gotten really close to and I need some advice or just general comments about it.
submitted by AfraidIntrovert09
to RelationshipIndia [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:34 Raven13Skye Nursing to Sleep and Weaning Help
I have been nursing my daughter for 20 months now and I'm very ready to be done. To be honest I was starting to have aversions a little after 12 months but wanted to see if she would ween herself by 18 months. She weaned very easily for feeds by herself but has not for nursing to sleep. I have read many posts on here about how to wean (cutting back one at a time, band aids on nipples, ect.) but I haven't really found anything on how to actually get them to sleep without nursing.
I know every baby is different but I'd love to see what has worked for everyone else. If I even try to not nurse to sleep she screams like she's being murdered. If my husband tries it's even worse and she kicks and throws herself around. I've tried to sing to her, rub her head, rub her back, rock her but she won't relax enough for any of these to work. She also hates being in the crib alone at night (we have a nightlight) and will just stand up and cry if I try to just lay her down. When I nurse to sleep she has to be fully asleep to be transferred otherwise she immediately stands up. My husband wants to help so bad but it's very overwhelming for both of us when she is screaming as bad as she does.
She has a second molar coming in right now so sleep has been awful lately. The sleep deprivation is making me a bad mom and the aversions are getting so much worse. Please help lol
submitted by Raven13Skye
to breastfeeding [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:33 wsppan Today In Phishstory - June 5th
# Today In Phishstory - June 5th Brought to you by tiph-bot. Beep.
All data extracted via The Phishnet API
. Phish, Sunday 06/05/2022 (1 year ago) Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN, USA
Gap Chart, Tour: 2022 Spring Tour
Set 1 : While My Guitar Gently Weeps , My Soul , Rift , Horn , Wombat , Evolve , Guyute , Limb By Limb , Mercury , The Moma Dance
Set 2 : Sand , Sigma Oasis -> Sand , Twenty Years Later > The Mango Song , Rise/Come Together , Free
Encore : Grind , Slave to the Traffic Light
Sand - Longest version this side of Big Cypress breaks away at 7:00 and never looks back, blending multiple bliss sections with darker-tinged synth/delay play (including a "Crosseyed" tease from Mike at 12:00) all within the first twenty minutes. Shortly before 22:00 a tidal wave of sound starts building as the jam crests in a series of massive peaks, after which a final easy-going segment serves as an effective exhale.
The first Sand contained Crosseyed and Painless teases from Mike and an Albert tease from Trey. Mike teased Dueling Banjos in Slave to the Traffic Light.
Listen now at Phish.in!
Phish, Sunday 06/05/2011 (12 years ago) Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Gap Chart, Tour: 2011 Early Summer Tour
Set 1 : AC/DC Bag > Punch You in the Eye > Bathtub Gin > Taste , Lawn Boy , Mound , Gotta Jibboo > Reba 1 , Fee 2 > Backwards Down the Number Line
Set 2 : Carini -> Tweezer > Free , Crosseyed and Painless -> Light -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Julius , You Enjoy Myself
Encore : Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise
1 No whistling. 2 Trey sang verses through megaphone.
Fee - A serene outro, similar to 7/29/03. > into "Backwards Down the Number Line."
Reba did not contain the whistling ending. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone.
Listen now at Phish.in!
Phish, Friday 06/05/2009 (14 years ago) Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY, USA
Gap Chart, Tour: 2009 Early Summer Tour
Set 1 : Wilson , Buried Alive , Kill Devil Falls , AC/DC Bag , I Didn't Know , My Friend, My Friend , Ya Mar , Theme From the Bottom , Boogie On Reggae Woman , Split Open and Melt
Set 2 : Down with Disease 1 -> Twist > Piper > Backwards Down the Number Line , Free , Twenty Years Later 2 > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Slave to the Traffic Light
Encore : A Day in the Life
1 Unfinished. 2 Debut.
During I Didn't Know, Trey introduced Fish as "Little Junior Moses Brown Heaps DeWitt" and commented that he was going to "suck all of the moisture out of the air." During Ya Mar, Page teased It's Raining, It's Pouring. Trey teased Flat Fee prior to Disease, which was unfinished. Twist featured an Oye Como Va jam. This show marked the debut of Twenty Years Later.
Listen now at Phish.in!
Phish, Tuesday 06/05/1990 (33 years ago) Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gap Chart, Tour: 1990 Tour
Set 1 : The Squirming Coil , Uncle Pen , Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove , Ya Mar , The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg , Take the 'A' Train > David Bowie , Lawn Boy > Possum
Set 2 : Sweet Adeline , Divided Sky , Caravan , Dinner and a Movie > Bouncing Around the Room , My Sweet One , The Lizards , You Enjoy Myself > The Ballad of Curtis Loew , Good Times Bad Times
Encore : Hold Your Head Up > Whipping Post 1 > Hold Your Head Up , Golgi Apparatus
1 Fish on vocals.
The Bowie intro contained 'A' Train teases from Trey. Whipping Post featured Fish on vocals and a What I Am (Edie Brickell & New Bohemians) tease.
Listen now at Phish.in!
Trey Anastasio Band, 2020-06-05 Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Tour: Not Part of a Tour
Show Notes: This performance was cancelled as a result of the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
Trey Anastasio Band, 2003-06-05 Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL, USA
Tour: TAB - The Dectet Summer 2003 Tour
Show Notes: Trey led the band marching through the crowd at the end of "Sweet and Dandy."
Mike Gordon, 2015-06-05 Charleston Music Hall, Charleston, SC, USA
Tour: Mike Gordon - Summer 2015 Tour
Show Notes: This show featured the debuts of Here Today and How Many People Are You as well as the Mike Gordon debuts of Looking for Clues and How Do I Know? Mike dedicated Spock's Brain to Leonard Nimoy. Mike teased Mystery Achievement in Looking for Clues.
Jazz Mandolin Project, 2004-06-05 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, USA
Tour: Fish - Jazz Mandolin Project Summer 2004 Tour
Show Notes: This was an opening set for Vida Blue.
Page McConnell, 2007-06-05 9:30 Club, Washington, DC, USA
Tour: Page McConnell Spring & Summer 2007 Tour
Show Notes: Page performed "Strange Design" solo on piano.
Vida Blue and The Spam Allstars, 2004-06-05 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, USA
Tour: Page - Vida Blue & Spam Allstars Summer 2004 Tour
Show Notes: Jazz Mandolin Project (w/ Fishman) opened. Before the start of the show, band namesake Vida Blue appeared on stage and threw some baseballs into the audience. Portions of this show were released on the Live at the Fillmore DVD.
Robert Randolph & the Family Band, 2008-06-05 Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY, USA
Tour: Not Part of a Tour
Show Notes: Trey sat in for part of Robert Randolph & The Family Band's performance opening for Eric Clapton.
Leftover Salmon, 1999-06-05 Higher Ground, Winooski, VT, USA
Tour: Not Part of a Tour
Show Notes: The songs listed featured Mike on bass. Jeff Mosier also made a guest appearance during this gig, which was opened by Blueground Undergrass.
submitted by wsppan
to phish [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:32 Old-Victory9815 McMaster nursing year 1 course selection
So I am going into Mc nursing this fall, and course selection is like coming up. I am freaking out not, cause I have to idea what course to select. I did check the McMaster websites but it's did really help, like I still don't know what are the required courses for nursing. Can someone help? Like what are the required courses for year1? how many electives can you take on year 1? Thank youuu. Plus: I am going to nursing at main site basic stream if that matters.
submitted by Old-Victory9815
to McMaster [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:32 bewilderednets Schedule check -10.5 month old with multiple night wakings!
I am TIRED. We sleep trained my daughter at ~5 months (with lots of schedule help from this sub) and she’s never been a great sleeper, but we’d gotten to longer naps and night sleep had gotten to 1 quick feed around 3-4am most nights.
Things have DEVOLVED. She’s been fighting second nap (and first nap today). Last night she was up 4 times. Based on reading this sub, it seems possible that this is a developmental thing combined with teething but we gave Tylenol at bedtime last night and it didn’t seem to make a difference. Was hoping folks had some insights or just solidarity 🥲.
-DWT: 6:30. When things were good she’d usually wake between 6:15-6:30. I’ve been letting her sleep a little later the past couple of days because she’s been getting such crap night sleep AND bc I’m wiped.
-Past few weeks we’ve been on 3-3.25/3.5/4.25. I tried shortening last WW last night and she gnawed on her crib like a little gerbil for awhile so it ended up more like 4.5.
-Naps are typically 1-1.5 hours for first nap and then second nap is capped at 3:15pm to get to a 7:30pm bedtime.
-Last feed ends 30+ minutes before bedtime. We are EBF but she nurses ~6 times during the day, eats 3 big meals, as well as snacks if she “asks” for them.
-Goes down in crib fully awake although I will admit to contact napping a few second naps this week because I’m so stressed about her being a wreck at bedtime.
I highly doubt she’s ready for 1 nap. She’s getting at least 5 teeth in at once. Is there anything I can do other than ride this out??
submitted by bewilderednets
to sleeptrain [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:32 manuelpimen Is it too much sun for her? Info in comments
| || |
My plant it's coming from a severe root rot, I put it in water for a couple of weeks until the "center" loosened up a bit and started to remove the rotten roots that I was able to find. After, I repotted to a lighter soil (in pictures) but looks like the roots are still wet (I checked with a wooden stick). Is it crazy to put it out there hoping to the roots to dry? submitted by manuelpimen to Monstera [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:31 SlowShoes Quick thoughts on 30 different VR games
I'm keeping track of all the VR games I’ve played this year to catalogue them in hopes that they may give fellow VR gamers some fresh games to try out, or reasons to revisit older games that have had big updates. I'm currently up to 52 different VR games played this year. The first 22 that I played from January to March can be found here
. The latest 30 games are mostly on the Quest, but many are available on PCVR.
Some of the games listed below, I can see playing all year long, others are not my cup of tea, but they may interest you enough to try them out. In either case, here are my quick thoughts on the 30 games I’ve played during April and May of 2023. TLDR: My top 5 games to check out are at the bottom and so is some info for a game giveaway.
- ARK and ADE $9.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: A fun shooter with Pistol Whip vibes that is absolutely worth the price of admission. From the store page: “ARK and ADE is an action-jammed FPS shooter in which you get to experience the glory of the 80’s arcade era in a neon fused setting. Shoot your way through retro-futuristic levels filled with enemies, iconic over the top bosses and never ending bullets!” I played this game back when it was in App Lab before it graduated to the full store. It was such a fun shooter back then, and I’d look forward to new levels coming out every few months. Now that it made it out of app lab, has a bunch of levels and had the gameplay polished, it’s absolutely worth a pickup, especially for that price.
- Project Third Eye $9.99 Quest My quick take: A game where you make your own fun. From the store page: “Project Third Eye is an action physics sandbox with a built-in visual scripting panel to apply logic to spawnable items. This allows you to build your own modifications to the game and customize behaviors as you like.” Just like the description says, this is more of a proof of concept and sandbox game more so than a full fledged game with objectives. There are certainly neat ideas here and there, and the dev is really active with updates on Reddit. If you like to experiment and see how concepts develop in a game, you may enjoy this, but there’s no real direction beyond experimenting, so I dropped off fairly quickly.
- Jousting VR Demo $9.99 Quest / Steam Quest Demo My quick take: A bit light on gameplay, but there is some charm here. From the store page: “XIII century, Europe, royal market courtyard. You are a knight who joined the medieval tournament. Your task is 'simple.' Jump on your trusty steed, grab your lance & defeat the enemy. Take into consideration speed, accuracy, strength. Equipment is also important. The better gear the easier the task. Oh, and other knights - they want to win as much as you do.” As advertised, it's a jousting game in VR. I enjoyed the demo, but honestly it was a bit too finicky at times and just not worth a full buy to me. The atmosphere was fun though and there was a progression loop for those who get into it.
- Demeo $39.99 Quest and Steam (flatscreen as well) My quick take: This is a great game that I revisited from start to finish with four players. A must own. From the store page: “Adventurers, it’s time to unite! Gather your friends and fight monsters in Demeo, the turn-based tabletop strategy game of battle and glory. Roll dice, pick up miniatures, and free the world of Gilmerra in round after round of tabletop board game fun. With a huge assortment of monsters, playable classes, and environments to explore, it’s never the same game twice." I finally got a chance to play through the entirety of the game in VR with four friends, through each world, while trying a variety of characters. We even made a video ranking the best players and levels. It really is a solid dungeon crawling adventure. With 2 or more friends, this game really shines and is such a fun ride, despite how punishing the bosses can be. This is the closest you can get to D&D in VR without having a dungeon master. Well worth the asking price.
- Build and Drive Racing Demo Free Quest / Steam My quick take: Early days in development, maybe something to keep an eye on to see how it improves. From the store page: "Get ready for a new experience on Windows desktop and VR, where you get to build your ultimate racing machine, tailored to your driving style and optimized for performance, or race to the finish line with a monster what makes you smile. With stylised graphics and arcade-like physics, every turn, straightway and ramp will put your skills to the test. Feel the thrill of the race like never before in VR, as you immerse yourself counting the seconds on the home stretch." An early demo that has seen some updates. Maybe worth looking at in a few months after a bit more development. I did like what I saw, but honestly, if you’re looking for a finished racing game, try Mini Motor Racing X instead or some of the other heavier PCVR games available.
- Les Mills Body Combat $29.99 Quest My quick take: No subscriptions, great coaches and fun workouts that will make you sweat. From the store page: “Work out at home with a premium fitness app. LES MILLS, the world's leading fitness company, brings the BODYCOMBAT experience to your VR headset with an extensive workout portfolio, top-quality coaching, innovative mechanics, and different intensities.” With no subscriptions or hidden fees, lots of workouts, motivating coaches and the ability to compete with friends on leaderboards, this really is a dynamite workout app. I was working up a good sweat during my workouts, so be sure you have good facial insert and a fan ready. Highly recommended if you want a workout in VR for just the price of entry.
- Interkosmos 2000 $19.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: A difficult puzzle game, but rewarding if you have the patience. From the store page: “Go to space. Save the Future. Try not to Die. Welcome (back) to the world of Interkosmos for an even wilder, weirder and more wondrous adventure. Experience the intense exhilaration of spaceflight. Explore the awe-inspiring interiors of a realistic space capsule. Master the crucial systems that will keep you in orbit (and breathing). And while you’re at it, try your best not to die. Should you complete your mission, you just might save the future – and yourself. Should you fail? Let’s not think about that.” An intense puzzle game where you’re piloting a space ship with some very finicky controls. I found the experience way too difficult and exacting. Along with a bit of bugginess, that didn’t help in me determining if the error was my fault or the game's. If you have the patience, there certainly is some rewarding gameplay here, and an interesting story, but I found it all a bit too much to see to the end.
- The Light Brigade $24.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: In a world of rougelikes, this is one that stands out. From the store page: “As a member of The Light Brigade, humanity’s last line of defense, brave ruins bathed in darkness and free the trapped souls who need the salvation only your gun can provide. Shoot, master spells, and upgrade your capabilities to herald the Sun’s return in this roguelike VR shooter.” There’s quite a lot of rouge shooters on Quest and despite the plethora of choices, this one stands out. Be warned, it starts out slowly, but gets quite fun after you get to know the systems after about an hour in. While I did make it to the last boss, I died and never went back to finished it. The gameplay loop and dynamic levels were solid though. The slight upgrades and different classes during each run were interesting and kept me going for a while. The most frustrating time I had was learning the little tips, tricks and finer gameplay points, but it was worth the push through that initial rough patch.
- Resident Evil 4 $39.99 Quest My quick take: One of the best games in VR. A must own. From the store page: “Explore the world of Resident Evil 4, entirely remastered for VR. Step into the shoes of special agent Leon S. Kennedy on his mission to rescue the U.S. President’s daughter who was kidnapped by a mysterious cult. Come face to face with enemies, and uncover secrets with gameplay that revolutionized the survival horror genre. Battle horrific creatures and face-off against mind-controlled villagers while discovering their connection to the cult behind the abduction.” I forgot so much about this game from when I first played it 18 years ago on the GameCube. The long length, fun characters and how exciting the gun play is, all just came together perfectly. The development team spent a ton of time getting the VR feeling just right, and it’s absolutely one of the best on the Quest and well worth the price of entry. Additionally, once you play through the game the first time it really changes from survival horror to a whole new type of game action game. Simply outstanding.
- Mini Golf Hustler Free Quest My quick take: Early days in development. Some good ideas, but a bit too rough around the edges. From the store page: “Challenge Slick Willie Puttman in this FREE nine hole demo of Mini Golf Hustler. Hazards include armed torpedoes, tentacled arms, ornery tikis and more! Multiple betting games, including skins, match play and the fearsome traveling snake. All played at the same time.” I thought I’d check out another mini golf game to see what other ideas there might be outside of the king - Walkabout Mini Golf. While there were some solid ideas for holes, the betting felt uneven, and everything else felt in their very early stages. To be fair, no other mini golf game feels even close to the accuracy of Walkabout, so I think it’s a tough go for any other games to match. It's probably best to stick with the champ for now, but I applaud the dev for trying something different.
- Pin City Free Quest (open beta on Discord) / Steam My quick take: Early days, but wow, worth a download and one to watch in the future. From the store page: "Pin City is a bowling game unlike any other bowling game you’ve played before. We strove to bring the spirit of mini-golf into the world of bowling. We’ve taken the standard bowling setup (straight lane, 10 pins, 1 ball) and expanded, transformed, and evolved it. We wanted to give people a chance to bowl in ways that would be impossible, illegal, or extremely impractical.” An early alpha game, but boy, what a great start, I’m really looking forward to the team getting the physics feeling right with weight and feel of the bowling balls and seeing how much more gameplay they can add. Really worth the download or heading over to their Discord to get a Quest key for free to try it out. The quirky bowling, physics and gameplay they're experimenting with really got me excited to see how this one comes together in the next several months.
- Mash Me Up Free Quest My quick take: Please devs, add more multiplayer support! From the store page: “Do you want to play party games with your friends or meet someone new? All is just one button press away with Mash Me Up. One button, multiple games. Will it be Air Hockey, Pier Pong, Flingball, or… Get ready for a surprise! Press, Play, Enjoy and Go Again!” If this game got a bit more development love it would be incredible. As it stands now, there are several mini games you can play against one person. Most are just okay, but a handful are real gems, and one particularly is incredible - Geo Guesser. Hands down the best mini game in the pack. With four, or six players and some new content, they could easily charge for just this one game. As it stands now, it’s a great two player game, but you’ll need to bring your own friend as the servers are pretty barren. Worth a download though for sure as you’ll get a night of fun out of it.
- THZZLS - Treasures Lost In Time $4.99 Quest My quick take: A unique puzzler that can be pretty relaxing, but repetitive. From the store page: “Our first THZZLE is called "Der Bazar", the world's first VR toy theatre puzzle game. The Bazar is a VR puzzle game where you have to place furniture and props in the right places in old-fashioned rooms according to an old picture you see. The game is set in 19th century Germany and each room has objects taken from the German lifestyle magazine "Der Bazar", published in Berlin.” This one used to be free, with paid content, but it has since changed as they added more content. You recreate a scene with cutouts of people and furniture in a 3D space. It seemed to have endless puzzles with randomization of scenes. I could see someone going to this for a relaxing 10-15 minutes, but it is a lot of the same each time and didn’t grab me fully. If you’re looking for a puzzle game that’s outside of the usual ones you find in the store, it’s not a bad choice for the price. Keep in mind though its hand tracking only, so for some that may be a non starter, even though it felt just fine.
- Barbaria $19.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: What I imagine Gorn is like with a solid game loop of RTS. From the store page: “Do you have what it takes to be the Mightiest in Barbaria? Welcome to a brutal world where visceral motion-controlled combat blends seamlessly with god-scale base-building and asynchronous multiplayer raids. Use fists, axes, swords, bows, rocks, or anything you can grab to dominate your foes in intense 1st-person combat. Then jump out to your immortal form and watch your minions carry on the battle while you rain down meteors from above. Systemic combat, versatile enemy AI, and player-created defenses make every battle unique.” I recognize there is a lot here to do in this game - if you like the game loop. Unfortunately, it really didn’t do much for me. I was expecting more RTS than Gorn style gameplay and was not pulled in by the fighting or quests offered. I have to say that the humor was spot on, and it certainly had good visuals, the game was just not for me. All that being said, there is a lot of content here and you could be playing this for quite some time if you think this could be your jam.
- Toy Monsters Free Quest Demo / $4.99 Quest My quick take: Plants vs Zombies in AR with hand tracking that does enough unique stuff to be worth it. From the store page: “Toy Monsters VR is a mixed-reality tabletop tower defense inspired by classic Plants vs Zombies. Built from the ground up with hand tracking and passthrough in mind. As you progress through the 20 levels, you'll unlock new toys with unique special powers. You can enhance your toys with magical potions and use crystal power to unleash magic beams from your hands, transform your fingers into flamethrowers, and more.” This game has come a long way since its initial release. It’s a solid hand tracking Plants vs. Zombies game with its own twist on powers and uses passthrough quite nicely. My biggest complaint is that you really need to complete the game all in one go (about an hour or so) as it doesn’t keep track of your upgrades if you quit. Essentially, trying to pass a later level without prior upgrades or powerups is near impossible. Despite that one issue, give at least the demo a try and if you like it, the price is pretty fair for what you get.
- Exit Condition One Free Quest Demo / $4.99 Quest My quick take: A bit rough around the edges, but escape room fans will find fun with it. From the store page: “You awake from cryo in a mysterious museum. A robot refers to you as a curator and the security system is malfunctioning. Can you get things back to normal and escape? There are no jump scares. The game is designed ground-up for roomscale VR on the Quest, but supports all locomotion modes. Most objects can be interacted with, it fully uses physics, and the hands don't ‘ghost out.’” According to the description, this is still a work in progress. That being said, it was a neat escape game that I felt I got my money’s worth from. It certainly was a bit rough around the edges with its gameplay and had some obscure puzzles to work through, but I did finish it and had a good time with it. Try the demo for sure, and perhaps when it’s finally finished, some of those rough edges will be polished up, but as it stands now, it was pretty solid.
- Hyperdash Free Quest / Steam My quick take: A solid online shooter, but you'll have to put in the time to get good to find the fun. From the store page: “Hyper Dash is a free VR multiplayer team based shooter. Payload, Domination, Control Point, (Team) Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Elimination, Ball and remix them with Mutators! Dash, sprint, and rail grind your way across the arenas to engage the enemy in fast-paced combat and secure the objective for your team. Offline mode/Bots, Dedicated servers, Private servers, Rebind-able controls, Left hand support, Voice chat.” For a free to play shooter, this one had great controls, nice graphics, a good gameplay loop, plenty of comfort options and a solid player base. All that being said, every player I faced off against were top tier, so I spent my time just dying round after round. This is a good game with a solid player base and there's fun here - if you’re willing to learn the ropes. It's bad for newbies like me just looking to have a good time and get a few kills.
- Please, Don’t Touch Anything $9.99 Quest / $4.99 Steam My quick take: A game for escape room devotees only. From the store page: "Please, Don’t Touch Anything is a cryptic, brain-racking button-pushing puzzle game. Covering for a colleague taking a bathroom break, you find yourself in front of a mysterious console with a green screen monitor showing a pixelated live image of an unknown city. Also present is an ominous red button with the simple instruction to not touch anything! Push the red button once or press it many times. Your choices and actions will lead to outrageous and frightening consequences and over 30 unique puzzle endings.” This is a weird one. A really obscure puzzle game that rewards experimentation, but is absolutely punishing with difficulty. If you’re really good at escape games and don’t get frustrated easily, you may enjoy the tedium. If not, you’ll end up like me, watching a tutorial to find out how to get different endings. But if you find yourself doing that, why not just watch a playthrough.
- Eleven Table Tennis $29.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: Still one of the best, but there’s so much untapped potential. From the store page: “The ultimate Table Tennis simulator. Play opponents in online multiplayer or practice against the advanced AI. With physics designed to be as real as ever achieved in a Table Tennis simulator, you will forget you are in VR." I finally got back to this game after the new UI was implemented. It looks much more user friendly, but much to my disappointment, there were no new arenas, music, or official doubles options. There is so much potential for expanding this game, and I feel like the devs are just content to have it remain in the state it currently is. Which, to be fair, is a perfect implementation of table tennis in VR. It’s still one of the best VR games out there and absolutely a must own. I just really wish they would add an officially supported doubles mode and expand out the game a bit more because the unofficial doubles mode is a real pain to get set up and only barely worth the struggle. If you'd like to see how to set that doubles up currently, here is a video I was a part of.
- Breachers $29.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: Come one, come all, this is 5 v 5 at its finest. From the store page: “In Breachers, you plan your assault or orchestrate your defense as a team through intense close-quarters combat. Whether you play as an enforcer or a revolter, master your nifty gadgetry, customize your powerful weaponry and beat your opponents in stunning environments. Intuitive to grasp. Endlessly playable.” Wow, wow, wow. This officially launched and is such a polished game. With multiple maps, intuitive movement and full lobbies, this game is simply spectacular. Despite the difficulty curve in being good at the game, it’s still a fun time even if you’re not the best, which is something special that few games manage to pull off. Where this game especially shines is with friends. If you can muster up a team of five to take on other random players, you’ll be playing this game for months. Give this a go, and if you're not any good, that's okay, because you'll still be better than the bots and a welcome addition to someone's team.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (Sidequest mod) Free Demo on Quest / $9.99 (Full Game on Steam) My quick take: Come for the lightsaber play, stay if you can tolerate the puzzles. From the store page: “JK XR is a standalone VR port of the popular Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast game by Lucasarts and Raven Software. Brought to VR by Team Beef & Friends. There are lots of mods and access to the free demo level available through the JK XR Companion App, which is automatically also installed alongside JK XR on your headset.” I never played this game when it first came out on flatscreen in 2002, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. The first part of the game you’re playing essentially as a Han Solo type - a smart talkin’ gun slinger. The next part, you’re a cool Jedi chopping off limbs. Absolutely great execution as always by Team Beef, and you can’t beat the price. There is even a free demo to try out to see if you like it. All that being said, the game’s old puzzles, navigation and gameplay felt every bit of 20 years old. After dying multiple times because of missing an exact jump, getting lost and backtracking because I didn't see an obscure elevator and wasting time trying to navigate odd puzzles, I just found it to be too much to overcome to continue to the end. This is no slight on Team Beef and the great work they did with this port, the game just hasn’t aged the best.
- CoasterMania $9.99 Quest My quick take: Early days, but still some fun to be had. There could be something special here after a few updates. From the store page: “CoasterMania is a physics-based VR rollercoaster game where you create the ride of your life! Use wacky contraptions and elements to fly through the sky, then experience your creation by jumping in the front seat. Sandbox mode: Build your dream rollercoaster without any rules but the rules of physics. When you're done, share your coaster or experience the engineering marvels of others. Design your own rides and upload them online.” You know, this game is just silly fun. It's early days for sure, and the tracks don't twist and come together as easily together as I’d hoped, which makes for a difficult time creating exactly what you want. It is satisfying though to have a roller coaster leap from one track to another over a gap. At this point the game is more of a sandbox than a full game with objectives (which is coming). The coasters other people have created are fun, so if you’re not into creating, there is that option to play with other people's designs, plus you can ride them in first person. I look forward to more updates and think it's worth looking at for sure, but if you’re looking for something a bit more fleshed out currently you can try Stunt Track Builder.
- David Slade Mysteries: Case Files $9.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: You’re a forensic cop, here are your tools. Good luck dummy. From the store page: “Take to the dark and violent streets of downtown Riverside, where you investigate gruesome and violent homicides using a range of Forensic tools and your wits! Inspired by the classic Police Quest adventure series, reborn & reimagined for VR. Includes two epic episodes!” Slade is a murder mystery game that is ruthless in it’s difficulty. Honestly, there are several play throughs of this game on YouTube and none have beaten the first case because it was too hard, they all gave up. This game offers no hints, is super abstract and insanely difficult. Why did I keep playing? Well, the game’s tools were implemented quite well, the story was compelling, and I just felt I had to see this through to the end for my own sanity. Despite being as hard as nails, I somehow managed to finish the first case, then moved on to the second. No real spoilers, but the second case does a complete 180 and essentially becomes a horror game where you’re only weapon is your wits. A real departure from the first case. Again, I found myself frustrated, confused and turned around, but again, I had to power through it because something kept pulling me in. If you’re a masochist for puzzle games, I’d recommend this game.
- Home Detective Free w/IAP - Quest My quick take: Fun use of AR, but pretty basic. From the store page: “Use your own living room to solve the crime! Using passthrough, the crime scene is overlaid onto your play area, leaving you free to explore and find clues. Use the patent-pending Residual Heat Scanner to detect the criminals' recent movements, and then dust for fingerprints or try to find evidence left behind. With your wits, and your trusty sidekick Steve Dobbins' snarky comments, you're sure to get to the bottom of these confusing crimes.” I appreciate the interesting use of passthrough and AR in this game. The first case is free to try, so if you’re into AR and passthrough, it’s worth a try. It's $3.99 for another case if you’re into it, but right now, it’s a pretty basic, but solid idea. My biggest complaint is that all my tools were on a shelf that was inaccessible because they were in my wall. I guess AR is still not quite there yet.
- Vertigo Remastered $24.99 Steam My quick take: A fun and wacky ride from start to finish. From the store page: “It's a classic premise - a massive subterranean scientific facility full of mysteries, with aliens bursting in from alternate universes to wreak havoc. The twist? You're one of those aliens. But you're not here to wreak havoc (collateral damage disregarded), you're just trying to get home. A difficult endeavor, as it turns out this facility is more than prepared to deal with extraterrestrial threats.” Because I heard such great things about Vertigo 2, I thought I’d try out this game before I played the sequel. I was really blown away by how fun the game was and pleasantly surprised that it holds up so well. Considering its a 2016 remake, and VR was still figuring out a lot of things like movement, this still felt fresh. With lots of unique ideas, upgrades and areas to play in, I heartily recommend this one and am looking forward to playing the sequel.
- Playin’ Pickleball $19.99 Quest My quick take: Solid physics, but really only for pickleball fans, or a group of four friends. From the store page: “Playin’ Pickleball is an authentic reproduction of Pickleball in Virtual Reality! Physics, sounds and mechanics have been carefully mapped from actual Pickleball game play. Even the scoring and rules are based on the USA Pickleball Association’s Official Rulebook.” Pickleball is sweeping the nation and if I recall correctly, even ForeVR is getting in on the game with an upcoming title. I’m much more of a tennis than pickleball guy, but I have to say, this game has pretty solid physics. Like most games, this is exponentially better with one or better yet, three other people you know. The AI players can be pretty uninteresting hitting it back and forth without much variance. Also the environments are a bit basic. I have to applaud the movement, physics and customizable items though as they all felt very well implemented. If you want something a bit less daunting than tennis, this might be what you're looking for.
- Pong $6.99 Quest My quick take: A neat take on Pong, but you’ll have more fun with Cybrix. From the store page: “Classic paddle game reimagined for VR. Destroy all the bricks. Use your paddles to swing at the balls and the balls have built-in assistance to return back toward you. Take advantage of the pistol and magneto power-ups to cause major damage. Or just swing hard at the balls to create large blast radius. Oh and watch out for those mines going for your head. Lean left/right or crouch to avoid.” I appreciated the ideas the developers had in this modern take on Pong, but it was ultimately quite short and not nearly as fun as Cybrix. That being said for the price, I got my money’s worth and would love to see it get a bit more polish and levels in an update.
- Extreme Escape $4.99 Quest / Steam (Early Access) My quick take: One of those special games where you really feel like you're in the environment. From the store page: “Have you ever wondered how it would feel to travel in a hot air balloon and fly above clouds? Have you ever wanted to face your fear of heights and enclosed spaces? Perhaps you wanted to become a pilot and test your critical thinking skills. Looking for a breathtaking experience? Try Extreme Escape.” The game says “early access,” but honestly I believe this has been abandoned. For the price, you get an extremely short, but fun and unique escape room experience. You’re not going to find this game too hard, but I was brought into its world and completely immersed - I had a true sense of dread and panic. The even shorter “demo” inside the game puts you on a sinking submarine and was extremely memorable. Seldom have I felt so immersed in a game. I’d recommend it for this price, just because of how it made me feel, but it’s a real shame about the very short length and that it’s abandoned.
- The Last Worker $19.99 Quest / Steam My quick take: Gaming with a heavy message, but mediocre gameplay. From the store page: “The Last Worker is an immersive narrative adventure centered around a lone worker’s last stand in an increasingly automated world, The Last Worker is a unique blend of work simulation and stealth strategic gameplay. The game is set in a lonely, oppressive but strangely beautiful environment, with characters designed by comics legend Mick McMahon. Kurt works for the world’s largest retailer and is forced to choose between capitalism or activism. Having dedicated his life to work, Kurt’s loyalty is put to the test when a group of activists ask him to dismantle Jüngle from the inside.” I really wanted to like this game. It had an interesting concept, but navigating, fail states and some very annoying bugs frustrated me to the point where I just said it wasn’t worth my time. That and the story wasn’t speaking to me. It’s well rated, so I’m probably on the opposite side of this one from most people. It's unique in many ways, so check out the teaser and see if it might be for you.
- Shadow Point $19.99 Quest My quick take: Fisherman’s Tale vibes with an excellent story and puzzles that makes you feel smart. From the store page: “Built for VR, Shadow Point is a story-driven puzzle game set between a mountaintop observatory and an ever-changing fantasy world. Explore a vibrant kingdom, cast shadows and solve mind-bending puzzles as you uncover the mystery of missing schoolgirl, Lorna McCabe who vanished from Shadow Point Observatory twelve years ago. As your adventure unfolds, you will manipulate gravity, play with your own reflection, walk on walls, peer through a magical lens to reveal an alternate reality and much more.” I had this game on my wishlist forever and finally pulled the trigger, and boy am I glad I did. I really enjoyed the story, gameplay and ended up marathoning it in one session (which I don't recommend doing). It is a few hours long, and there are extra puzzles to go back to if you’d like. It had some serious Fisherman’s Tale vibes, so if you like those type of puzzle games, this is for you. The puzzles make you stop and think, and more importantly, progress nicely. I was never stuck, but certainly had to really contemplate how to solve some of them. It is slightly finicky with having to line up the shadows exactly to progress, but that is a minor complaint. Give this one a go for sure.
I hope you find a few games on this list that you might not have heard of, or that you might find worth revisiting. Let me know here or on the Ruff Talk Discord channel
if you have a game you enjoy that I should try, I'm always open to recommendations. Until then, I hope your next VR experience is a memorable one.
Also, the week this is posted, I'm hosting a contest where one winner gets a $29.99 or less, Quest game of their choice. You can enter on the discord channel above, but will need to have five posts on the discord channel within a week to enter, so if that interests you, feel free to join. The Ruff Talk guys usually have giveaways every week and it's some solid VR chat if you're looking for like-minded individuals in a non-toxic space.
TLDR: Top five games to check out - Ark and Ade
, Pin City
, Shadow Point
, Vertigo Remastered
submitted by SlowShoes
to virtualreality [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:31 Personal-Category-68 Long-term nursing home recommendations
My sister-in-law, who is 35 years old, has a form of muscular dystrophy called Friedrich's Ataxia. Basically, over the course of her life, she's lost more and more motor control, and it's now at the point where it's very hard to understand her when she talks. She cannot really move her body anymore and needs help with all basic functions like eating, toileting, and so on. She also, as is to be expected, has really bad depression and panic attacks.
She, my wife (her sister), our two kids, her mother, her uncle and I all live in the same house in Framingham, and though my wife and I help with taking care of her, most of the burden falls upon her mother and uncle. The problem is that they're getting older (almost 70), their health (both physical and emotional) is deteriorating, and her mother needs to have spine surgery within the next year.
All this to say, we're looking for a nursing home to place her that can meet her needs. We already reached out to The Boston Home, and would love to have her there, but the wait list is anywhere from months to years. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about other places.
Thank you so much.
submitted by Personal-Category-68
to boston [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 16:30 BBEGTTRPG Welcome to Grey Stand, Sessions 1 through 3
Cassidy, our Earth Genasi Sage and Grey Stand's smith. (Art by Askren)
Hello again, everyone!
We introduced ourselves to you all last week, but if you didn’t see that one, we are Big Bad Evil Guys TTRPG, a group of friends who have decided to share our characters and stories with the TTRPG community and make some content of our own. To that end, we are streaming our actual play D&D 5e campaign, Welcome to Grey Stand!
Welcome to Grey Stand takes place in the world of Gatia, an original setting from our talented DM, and centers around a small community surviving in the dangerous and chaotic Irised Forest. Gatia is a world without gods or kingdoms, where civilization exists only in small pockets at the mercy of unpredictable elemental forces. The sky and the earth alike can shift in a moment. Great fires can catch without cause, and dire blizzards can rise up on a sunny summer day.
Our party serves as the recently appointed task force of the village of Grey Stand. The forest is a strange and hostile place, and it is their responsibility to assess and address anything that might threaten their little community. Each of our heroes has a place in Grey Stand. They have family, friends, and loved ones, as well as their own jobs in the village. The stakes are clear, and sometimes their personal lives come into conflict with the work they do as a party.
So what's happened so far?
Over the course of the first three sessions of our campaign, the village of Grey Stand has been preparing for the return of the Envoys, a set of three powerful individuals who claim to have been sent by someone (or something) they refer to as the “Originator.” The Envoys come to Grey Stand every ten years to judge the village's progress as a community and offer gifts and boons if they find themselves impressed. No one wants to find out what happens if they’re disappointed.
Meanwhile, the party has been investigating strange behavior among the villagers. Individuals have been sneaking into the woods for unclear reasons. Another group of otherwise nonviolent villagers took up improvised weapons and charged into the forest to attack a band of goblins. Recent developments suggest that there’s some kind of infection going around that might be altering the minds of those exposed.
As of last session, one of our group, Cassidy, seems to have been infected. She woke up exhausted, with no memory of going to bed the night before. And, coincidentally, this happens to be the morning of the Envoy’s arrival.
We stream Welcome to Grey Stand every Tuesday, 8pm EST, on Twitch
. Tomorrow we’ll play session 4, and hopefully find out both what happened to Cassidy and what the Envoys will bring this decade.
If you’d like to check us out or catch up on the story, you can watch our previous sessions on YouTube
and listen to them at Spotify
, Apple Podcasts
, Amazon Music
, and iHeart Radio
And finally, we’d like to thank the community and the mods for allowing us to promote our stream! We hope you’ll enjoy it.
The Forest is Watching
submitted by BBEGTTRPG
to DnD [link] [comments]